What information does The Volpé Consortium, Inc. collect?
We gather certain personal information about you, including your:
- e-mail address
- company information
Certain portions of the Web Site may prompt you to provide other personal information in your user profile, may ask you to answer demographic or personal preference questions, or may ask for financial information to complete a purchase. You may choose not to provide this information, but if you do so, you may be unable to access certain options, offers, and services on the Web Site.
We also track the Internet address of the domains from which users visit us and information about which advertisements are displayed to a user, which advertisements a user clicked on, and a user’s other interactions with the Web Site. The Volpé Consortium, Inc. also tracks users’ traffic patterns throughout their online sessions, including which web sites a user visits while using the Web Site and which pages a user views while using the Web Site.
How We Gather Information
When you register with The Volpé Consortium, Inc., the registration form requires you to give us certain personal information. We also gather information through other forms or questions that you may answer on the Web Site.
We use software to track the Internet address of the domains from which users visit us.
How We Use Information
Information we obtain from you is used to:
- provide and/or improve our level and scope of service to you, including sending additional newsletters or mailings from us or our affiliates that may be of interest to you
- fulfill your requests for certain products and services, such as newsletters
- analyze trends and statistics
- diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Web Site
- gather and analyze demographic and marketing information
- allow The Volpé Consortium, Inc. to send you updates and other information regarding the Web Site
- allow The Volpé Consortium, Inc. to send you promotional information that may be of interest to you
- with your consent, to allow third parties to send you promotional information that may be of interest to you
With Whom Do We Share Your Information?
Personally Identifiable Information
We may make your personally identifiable information available to third parties when:
- we have your consent to share the information
- they provide services or products on behalf of The Volpé Consortium, Inc.; provided that they do not have the right to use your information for any purpose other than to provide the applicable service
- you use co-branded services
- we sell, assign, or transfer a part of our business that provides a particular service to you; provided that your personally identifiable information may be sold, assigned, or transferred only to the acquirer as a part of such transaction
- we are required to do so by law, regulation, rule, or court order; pursuant to requests from governmental agencies or law enforcement authorities
- necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our User Agreement
- necessary to protect The Volpé Consortium, Inc., our members, or other third parties including, without limitation, other emergency situations
If you wish to opt out of any service from The Volpé Consortium, Inc. or to revoke any previously provided consent, please send an e-mail to us with such instructions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Without your consent, The Volpé Consortium, Inc. may aggregate personally identifiable information and disclose such information in a non-personally identifiable manner to advertisers and other parties for marketing, promotional, and other purposes. Except as set forth above, we do not disclose without your consent any information that could be used to identify you personally.
How to Update Information
You may update information previously provided to The Volpé Consortium, Inc., including any consents provided to or withheld from The Volpé Consortium, Inc., by sending an email to email@example.com.
Security of Information
The Web Site has certain security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Although no security measure is absolute, we believe that we have implemented a system that is as safe as today’s technology permits. Our network firewall is a combination of hardware and software designed to keep unauthorized users from accessing our network. Any potentially sensitive data, including credit card payment information, is encrypted prior to transmission.
Third Party Advertisers
The Web Site may make chat rooms, forums, message boards and/or news groups available for you to use. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
Links to Other Sites
The Web Site may contain links to other sites. The Volpé Consortium, Inc. is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites, notwithstanding the inclusion on such sites of the trademarks of The Volpé Consortium, Inc.
This Policy Subject to Change
The Volpé Consortium, Inc.
18510 Venture Drive
Point Venture, TX, 78645
Last updated December 13, 2010.